Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 4

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 Next >

04.28.2014 9:48am
 (Edited on 04.28.2014 at 1:12pm)

Kal
yes

Rhaegar said:

Might be the first time book readers are spoiled by the show.
Haven't seen the episode yet (not sure if wanna watch, this show is boring me) but I read a recap and (book spoilers sorta)
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
this White Walker turning babies (and possibly men) thing was all but confirmed in the books. Although having it confirmed and apparently showing the Night's King has huge implications for the rest of the story

Jump to Post

04.28.2014 3:11pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

LONG LIVE SER POUNCE

Jump to Post

04.28.2014 3:34pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I kept thinking he was calling him "Ser Pants" which I thought was even better. 

Jump to Post

04.28.2014 4:41pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Amer said:

I kept thinking he was calling him "Ser Pants" which I thought was even better. 

That puts a slightly different spin on Marge sneaking in there and being all like "We're gonna get married, don't tell anyone I snuck into your room at night and sat on your bed in the dark, future husband who is even more underaged than the last one."

Jump to Post

04.28.2014 8:13pm

Kal
yes

gave in and watched the episode
I like that HBO cares about their rape quota. "apparently last week was either too rapey or not rapey enough, so here's some naked rape with screaming girls and guys drinking out of skulls - who's ambiguous NOW?!"

The final horse ride up north did look pretty beautiful though. So I guess there's that.

Jump to Post

04.28.2014 8:20pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I just want to sit HBO down, put my hands on their shoulders, look them directly in the eyes and say:
"We get it.  Westeros sucks for women.  The horse is dead, and beaten into jelly, and canned, and the cans have been shattered, and the jelly has been smashed.  Please lighten up on all the raping."

I mean... yes, there's a ton of rape in the books.  But you know what?  As far as I can remember it's almost always described or alluded to second hand.  It's something that happens in the world, but not something that--at least as far as I can remember--is something that happens constantly on-page.

[edit] Except when it's used to show how BARBARIC and UNCIVILIZED the brown people are, but that's an entirely different can of worms.

Jump to Post

05.05.2014 3:00am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Well, I'd say last week's myriad of changes/additions were wrapped up about as well as they could've been.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
HODOR

Jump to Post

05.05.2014 3:23am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

To reiterate

Jump to Post

05.05.2014 9:51am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

hodor

Jump to Post

05.05.2014 12:52pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Jump to Post

05.05.2014 2:44pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 05.05.2014 at 3:59pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

As soon as the Previously reminded us that Bran can warg into Hodor I knew that was coming.

The GOT Previously... is maybe a little spoilery for each week's episode.  The source material reaches so far back into its history that the show is having to do Previouslies that go back all the way to season 1.

DEAR HBO:
Your show has not been very good to ladies.  There are a few standout strong female characters, yes, but in general your track-record with lady characters has been... less than wonderful.

How can you fix this?  I'll give you a hint, a way to start:

Don't cut the Sand Snakes out.  A squad of highly-competant, multi-racial female characters with varying degrees of femininity?  Hell--hell--make them more important than they are in the books.  And most of all:

Don't fuck it up.

Thanks,
--A Male Feminist Viewer Who Is Tired of Making Excuses

Jump to Post

05.05.2014 4:04pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

God, I hope they do the Sand Snakes justice next season. As well as Princess Arianne. Oh, and for fuck's sake, cast women of color in those roles.

Jump to Post

05.05.2014 4:17pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Rhaegar said:

Oh, and for fuck's sake, cast women of color in those roles.

*fanboy noises*

They'll probably all be uniformly Span-Arabian like Oberyn and [name of character played by Indira Varma here*].  I can't really see HBO going deep enough into the racial non-uniformity of Dorne.

*Sorry, brain-fart.  Ellaria?  Ellaria Sand?  I think that's it.

Jump to Post

05.05.2014 11:10pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Yeah, it's Ellaria Sand.

I'm so, so, so freakin' happy we're back in the Eyrie too.

Jump to Post

05.05.2014 11:28pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

The John Arryn reveal was a complete shock to me. I had thought since season 1 that it was an open and shut case that the Lannisters twins were behind the poisoning.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter