Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game of Thrones: Season 5

< Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 Next >

06.24.2015 1:30am
Thread Creator

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

GoT In Summation:

Jump to Post

06.24.2015 3:06am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Fucking Van Der Beek.

Jump to Post

06.25.2015 6:21pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

https://shamenun.com/

Jump to Post

06.28.2015 2:43am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Ya'll book snobs need to be hating a lot less. Yes, they had to cut and modify some stuff, but overall, it was not horrible. There are probably only a couple seasons left, so they had to catch up on all the material that has been released so far. Some thoughts.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Stannis lost me when he sacrificed his little girl to his pagan god. His bid for the Iron Throne was always shakey at best, and Ramsey was a lot more cutthroat and conniving than him. That whole Sansa and Theon thing was not bad. There wasn't room for Jeyne Poole, so get over it already.

The whole Dorne plot was kind of dumb, and didn't really draw me into those bits. At least it was more tolerable than the Daenerys Targarian plot that took up so much time in the first couple seasons. Speaking of which, she really isn't good at ruling a people that aren't her own. It was so good to see Jer Jorah back in action, though.

Arya's plot I find to be just "okay". It's not really all that exciting to me. I still don't really understand that Scooby Doo bit in the season finale, but oh well. Speaking of which, it would have been nice to show something of Bran at the end. Maybe a quick 30 second shot of him doing something and saying, "Winter is here." Or SOMETHING. Dang, showrunners, make us want to watch the next season or something. Instead we get...[/spoilers]

[spoilers] R.I.P. John Snow. WTF. They spend all that time building him up with that White Walker attack, and he ends up stuck like a pig by his "brothers", the Night's Watch. Ideally, I would love it if next season Davos Seaworth gets Melisandre to resurrect him. Otherwise, the show really isn't interesting to me anymore. It's really too bad that they had to cut Lady Stoneheart out as well.

Cersei's plot was okay, but really, it was kind of uncomfortable watching her take the walk of shame through King's Landing. It lasted so long. I'm really glad that I wasn't watching it with anybody, because I really just wanted to forget that I had seen it. Although it was great to see Tyrion's plot play out so satisfyingly. Still, why was Littlefinger missing like, half the season?

Jump to Post

06.28.2015 4:09am

Testament
Shamshot

BooksRbetteR
=P

If the reason season 5 doesn't suck doesn't include the title Hardhome... I ain't buying it.

Jump to Post

06.28.2015 3:30pm
 (Edited on 06.28.2015 at 3:58pm)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I don't mind changes to and cuts from the book. I do mind if they're fucking stupid, which nearly all of them were in Season 5.

Let's face it, this season was bad TV entirely on its own merits. Bottom line. Forget comparing it to the books for a second, how about comparing it to The Americans? Better Call Saul? Mad Men? Justified? Outlander? I think it's clear that this season of Game of Thrones falls far, far, fucking far short of those programs.

Jump to Post

06.28.2015 4:29pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Yeah, it's not that they diverged from the books. It's that the changes were complete trash. Season 5 stands well on its own as bad television outside of one or two episodes.

Honestly, if what happened in Season 5 was what happened in AFFC/ADWD, I'd stop reading. And ADWD was already the worst book in the series.

Jump to Post

06.28.2015 5:10pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Rhaegar said:

I don't mind changes to and cuts from the book. I do mind if they're fucking stupid, which nearly all of them were in Season 5.

Let's face it, this season was bad TV entirely on its own merits. Bottom line. Forget comparing it to the books for a second, how about comparing it to The Americans? Better Call Saul? Mad Men? Justified? Outlander? previous seasons of Game of Thrones that didn't suck I think it's clear that this season of Game of Thrones falls far, far, fucking far short of those programs.

Jump to Post

07.04.2015 6:16am

dem
Sing for me, little bird

They missed an amazing oppurtunity when they decided to cut out Cersei's burning of the Tower of the Hand. I always loved that particular chapter in AFFC.

I've been doing a simulataneous read of Dance and Feast for the second time. It really is nice how well they gel together as one book. I'm also starting to think that they're both underrated. Especially now that I know more about some of the common fan theories and what's going on beneath the surface.

Book spoilers:
I must admit that the backwards spelled naming of Alleras the acolyte at the Citadel & Sarella Sand, of Sandsnake fame went right over my head. As did the idea that Jaqen H'ghar is the one who killed Pate in the Feast prologue and is now posing as him. On top of that I now have WAY more appreciation for Brienne's chapters.

Jump to Post

07.04.2015 1:44pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

The Pate thing is such a hilariously deep continuity cut.

Jump to Post

07.09.2015 7:26am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

That's why I made the post I did, to point out that having never read the books I have the same complaints about this season as the book readers do.

Jump to Post

07.10.2015 11:46pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Looks like more Dorne in Season 6. Which means that season is confirmed to suck a thousand dicks.

Jump to Post

07.11.2015 5:26am
Thread Creator

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Not if they let Doran cut off Ellaria and the Sand Snakes' heads and actually fucking DO SHIT

Jump to Post

07.11.2015 1:14pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I have no faith in D&D to let Doran do that, or do anything approaching good storytelling at this point. :(

Jump to Post

07.11.2015 6:18pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

FIRE AND BLOOD or no sale.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter