Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game of Thrones: Season 5

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Next >

05.29.2015 2:32pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

It makes sense for Sansa to be brought to Winterfell, just as "Arya" was in the books, because the North would generally rally around the return of a Stark.  Of course, this doesn't explain how Littlefinger, who clearly has his creepy, beady eyes set on Sansa, could leave her to the mercy of the Boltons.  Yeesh.

I won't call bad storytelling until I see where they're going with it.  I'd like to think we're building up to the moment when Sansa channels her sister and murders the shit out of Ramsay.

Speaking of buildups to future violence, anybody else get the distinct impression that...  (ADwD spoilers)
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.

That Ollie kid stewarding for Jon Snow is going to be the first to get stabby with the boss?  I mean, Bowen Marsh is practically a background character on the show, so...

Jump to Post

05.29.2015 3:07pm

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

^Oh definitely,
especially with all the ominous shots they keep showing of him looking angry whenever Jon's walking around.

I'm wondering if Edd's gonna be doing some stabbing, though, which would make me sad.

Jump to Post

05.29.2015 4:04pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Ollie and Thorne, yarp.

Jump to Post

05.29.2015 6:02pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

I think Thorne will encourage, but not participate. That said, yeah, Ollie for sure, and I think Edd too, especially if thingsa go poorly in Hardhome.

Jump to Post

05.29.2015 9:45pm

Testament
Shamshot

Maybe Jon will just get raped by Tormund.

Jump to Post

05.29.2015 9:57pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Well that got dark.

Dark like a spoiler box.

Jump to Post

05.29.2015 10:08pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Testament said:

Maybe Jon will just get raped by Tormund.

I can't tell you how hard I laughed at this, thank you.

Jump to Post

05.29.2015 11:40pm

Testament
Shamshot

I couldn't resist.  =)

Jump to Post

05.31.2015 3:08am
 (Edited on 05.31.2015 at 3:25am)

dem
Sing for me, little bird

Spoony said:

It makes sense for Sansa to be brought to Winterfell, just as "Arya" was in the books, because the North would generally rally around the return of a Stark.  Of course, this doesn't explain how Littlefinger, who clearly has his creepy, beady eyes set on Sansa, could leave her to the mercy of the Boltons.  Yeesh.

I won't call bad storytelling until I see where they're going with it.  I'd like to think we're building up to the moment when Sansa channels her sister and murders the shit out of Ramsay.

I think for once, show-Littlefinger was caught with his pants down and had no prior knowledge to how unhinged Ramsay really is since he was only recently legitimized. Either that or he really doesn't give as much of a shit about Sansa as we think he does.

Nelfichu said:

...really? So it's okay if we allude to rape, especiallf if it's concerning minor characters, but it's not something that can happen to main rape-immune characters? 

Look, the Jaime/Cersei sex scene was badly handled, I think everyone knows that. But having Sansa get raped probably isn't just for funsies, it's a traumatic event that will hopefully add to her character. It's not just thrown in there so D&D can get off. You can't just say it's bad story telling when you don't know what it's leading to.

I think Rhaegar's point was that despite how blunt and harsh Martin's language can be in his books, they're still more tastefully written than the show. For the most part, I have to agree. The rape in the story isn't "ok" by any means. But the way it's usually presented to the reader after the fact just happens to be preferable to seeing something like a bunch of mutineers raping Craster's wife-daughters in the background during a scene of casual conversations.

Jump to Post

05.31.2015 11:24pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

If we have to be subjected to this Dorne storyline I hope we at least get to see more of Alexander Siddig.  I was so excited that good ol' Dr. Bashir was going to be on this season, but so far he's had maybe a combined 2 minutes of screentime.

Jump to Post

06.01.2015 3:17am
Thread Creator

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Yeah I'm hoping for at least a "what the fuck are you doing here?" scene with him and Jaime/Bronn this week

Jump to Post

06.01.2015 6:09am

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Okay, Hardhome was fucking amazing, especially that Wildling Woman and the silence at the end. This was a great episode!

Jump to Post

06.01.2015 6:19am

dem
Sing for me, little bird

Am I crazy or was tonight's episode pretty awesome?

That last 20 minutes had my heart racing in a way this show hasn't done since I first saw the Red Wedding. All those jaded feelings of "they could be doing so much more than this" that I've felt all season long were gone for the first time in too many episodes. It just felt really nice that this show can still get me on the edge of my seat once in awhile and get me caught up in the moment of an action scene that has some actual emotional weight to it.

I think I needed that ending sequence more than I thought I did.

Edit: Beat me to it, Kellios. Glad I'm not crazy.

Jump to Post

06.01.2015 6:19am
Thread Creator

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Episode 8: in which Season 5 finally gets off its increasingly dissatisfying ass

Jump to Post

06.01.2015 6:40am
 (Edited on 06.01.2015 at 6:49am)

dem
Sing for me, little bird

I finally calmed down and started remembering some of those little bits that made me smile throughout.

"The fuck you looking at?"

I've seen some posts elsewhere of people saying that the Night King recognized Jon as Azor Ahai. I get why, but I personally saw his long staredown to Jon at the end as his way of saying, "Too bad you only have ONE of those swords, bastard."

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter