Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game of Thrones: Season 5

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Next >

06.01.2015 6:55am
 (Edited on 06.01.2015 at 7:01am)

Kellios
Yikes and away!

^ Agreed there and everything you said above too. Holy fuck, I needed this episode too, and it was incredible in ways I didn't expect. This is how you fucking deviate and move forward from the books!

Everything with Dany and Tyrion, Arya (Yaaaay Cat of the Canals!), mean Septa and Cersei, and holy fuck Hardhome! I was really impressed with the Battle of the Wall last year - and this episode just blew that away, holy shit.

Jump to Post

06.01.2015 7:25am

Testament
Shamshot

One of the best episodes ever. Talk about season redemption.

The next two episodes are going to have a hard time topping that.

Jump to Post

06.01.2015 1:51pm
Thread Creator

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

If the rest of the season was just "Dany and Tyrion discuss how to properly run this shit hole" it might just save the season.

Jump to Post

06.01.2015 2:04pm
 (Edited on 06.01.2015 at 4:23pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

WUN FUCKING WUN

Excuse me.

Silly looking Ray Harryhousen skeletons aside, one thing the show generally handles better than the books is the threat of the White Walkers.  They have so much of a PRESENCE that's just completely lacking in the books, because in the books (so far!) they're almost exclusively on the very far fringes of the story, skulking about in the shadows.  This frequently works (the book's version of Hardhome is fucking chilling, albeit in a wildly different way than the show's), but five books in their lack of physical presence in the plot is as much of a doofy meme as "WINTER IS COMING".

Things still to come this season, most likely (speculative, book-based spoilers):
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Arya totally poisons that dude.  Hopefully the clever way it happens in the book, and not just by, like, poisoning his oysters.
Cersie takes a walk.  If we're very, very, very fortunate, there's a huge guy in armor waiting for her at the end.
Jon makes it back to the wall, stays long enough to send Sam and Gilly to the Citadel, then gets the shit stabbed out of him almost as soon as they're gone.
Jorah fights in the arena, the fights attract Drogon, chaos ensues.  Jorah gets all of Barristan's great moments, probably dies.  Dany absconds on Drogon. 

I have no idea what's going to happen at Winterfell or at Dorne.  All of the interesting parts of those plots in the books have been removed to a degree that it's hard to even guess what they have planned.

FUCKING WUN WUN YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Jump to Post

06.01.2015 8:10pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Best episode of the season.  One of the best in the entire series.  I hate that there are only two episodes left...

Jump to Post

06.02.2015 4:47pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I knew she was dead as soon as I became attached to the idea of her, which was roughly ten seconds after she showed up.

RIP Karsi.  Or, well, maybe not, since you're a zombie now.

Jump to Post

06.02.2015 10:14pm

Call
Firefightin' Administrator
Administrator

Boy...throw some snow zombies and Harryhausen skeletons at viewers and suddenly all is forgiven.  I haven't thought the season has been weak.  I've been enjoying it all, and this was the high point.

I don't buy the Karsi thing.  Badass chick like that would have blasted through those kids without a second thought.

Watching Cersei suck water off the floor wasn't as satisfying as I would have thought had you told me four years ago it would occur.

And Jaran, the rest of the series could be "Tyrion discusses (insert inane topic) with (insert inane character) for 50 minutes" and I'd watch.

Jump to Post

06.02.2015 10:19pm
 (Edited on 06.02.2015 at 10:49pm)

Testament
Shamshot

The season still sucks, for me. By my count, there have been 5 subpar episodes. If the last 2 episodes are good, I guess I'll break even.

Jump to Post

06.03.2015 4:22am
Thread Creator

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Jump to Post

06.03.2015 3:28pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

This season has been pretty slow for any major events happening, but damn that fucking zombie slaughter was insane.

Jump to Post

06.04.2015 10:14am

The Hulk
Good Boy

I am equal parts perplexed, bored and nauseated by how rape is becoming this one sacred subject that should never be used in fiction unless the entire story revolves around it.  Rape in a story seems to signal the immediate death of true critical analysis at the moment.

Jump to Post

06.04.2015 5:27pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Call said:
I don't buy the Karsi thing.  Badass chick like that would have blasted through those kids without a second thought.

Agreed.  She is a mother and has kids to protect.  That she would just give up was ridiculous.  Unless one of those kid zombies happened to be one of HER kids that had dies previously.  But they did not tell us that.

Although that pales to me in contrast with the insanity of Brienne coming across Arya, then not long after that coming across Sansa.  And she doesn't think to say "oh hey I just saw your sister - she's alive."  That's Lost levels of people not saying things they would obviously say to each other.

Oh and Hulk, agree 100%.

Jump to Post

06.04.2015 9:26pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I kind of thought one of them was her kid. Which would've made sense why she gave up. But it's true they didn't specify that at all.

Jump to Post

06.04.2015 9:33pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Well it definitely wasn't one of the kids we SAW, cause they got on the boat.  You'd have to make up a backstory of how she's all hard because she lost a child years ago, blah blah.

Jump to Post

06.04.2015 10:10pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

I also thought that the boy in front was her dead son (I thought they looked close enough for TV familial reasons) - and that's why she had the reaction she did. I was pretty disappointed when I learned that wasn't the case - they could've dropped a, "I've had dead sons and don't want anymore" line real quick when debating about agreeing to Jon's plan. 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter