Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

what the hell is this pony shit

< Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next >

02.18.2013 12:59am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

What's an alicorn?

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 1:20am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Would have definitely been better as a two-parter, yeah, but pretty good.  I felt like they had to cram and cut down on "both" plots so much that neither really had enough time to develop properly.

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 2:09am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Coolsetzer said:

What's an alicorn?

It's that feeling you get when you've helped all of your friends in times of need, and  you grow wings and become a princess.

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 2:39am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^Oh, okay. Just wondering. I'm not one to judge!

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 3:09am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Alicorns in the MLP world are combinations of unicorns and pegasi. They're considered the most powerful kind of pony in the world and are usually princesses. The main alicorn, Princess Celestia, is practically a god.

Ultimately, I'm actually pretty satisfied with the way Twilight became an alicorn, which was a pleasant surprise (I was kind of dreading it earlier). It remains to be seen how it'll work in Season 4, but this writing staff has earned my benefit of the doubt.

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 4:16am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

I finally caught up tonight and well after pretty much a hole season of no Derpy they go Derpy crazy in the final eps. I spotted her at least 4 times. 

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 6:19am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I think with all the Derpy cameos in that last episode and the onslaught of Derpy merch shown at the New York Toy Fair, we can expect her to make a triumphant return in S4 in some form. Even if it's just as a background pony.

Also proves that Reddit post someone made claiming they worked for DHX and that Derpy was planning to be phased out entirely as complete horseshit.

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 3:19pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Twilight Sparkle's very last line of the episode almost seemed like the showrunners or the writers were talking directly to the Bronies who went apesh*t over the whole Alicorn transformation thing.

Me being one of them. :P

While I enjoyed the episode and everything seemed to fit nicely, I'm still not completely sold on the whole 'Twilight Sparkle's an alicorn now' thing, but I'm not jumping ship just yet. I'm definitely curious to see how season 4 will unfold. All I hope is that they don't have Twilight Sparkle completely abandoning Ponyville and taking up residence in Canterlot, with the other five ponies making cameos or vice versa. What I'd like to see is, sure she's a princess now but who's to say she can't stay in Ponyville?

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 4:48pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

I doubt they would change the show up too much. 

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 5:10pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Well, that's what I'm thinking too.

If anything, assuming we get another two-part season opener with a Big Bad, then in the third or fourth episode, I could easily see something along the lines of 'Twilight Sparkle is living in Canterlot but misses Ponyville so much that she asks Princess Celestia's permission to return there' kind of thing.

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 7:34pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

From what I gather from the season finale that Twilight's gonna stay in Ponyville. It's like how Cadance apparently moved to the Crystal Empire after they kicked Sombra out of town. Luna also seems to live somewhere else besides Canterlot during the day.

I also think Celestia will realize that it's the magic of friendship that got Twilight Sparkle to where she is in the first place. I doubt she'd separate her from her friends.

From what Meghan McCarthy tweeted, this season finale was part one of a three-parter, with the first two eps of Season 4 continuing where that left off.

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 8:02pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Onyx said:

. Luna also seems to live somewhere else besides Canterlot during the day.

The moon? 

Jump to Post

03.23.2013 10:47pm

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

And Season 3 is up on Netflix.  Happy times!

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 6:13pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

What does this song have to do with ponies? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wD7vE8PUcQs

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 6:32pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Sounds like a generic KyoAni anime opening.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter