Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Bundle Confirmed

< Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Next >

03.19.2014 5:50am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Anyone pick this up? I heard rumors that FFX remastered's sales will determine whether or not Square will re-release FFXII. Plus I love FFX, and reviews were good. The game looks gorgeous in HD. The battle menus look great, the regular menu looks great. Everything's crisp. A lot of the music sounds tweaked. Nothing major, but noticeable changes. It sounds excellent though.

On the downside, the dialogue is pretty hard to read in places. They should've increased the drop shadow behind the text. Also, there's load screens between a lot of locations. Were there load screens before? Between places like Besaid Village proper and the inside of huts? 

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 6:48am

Lexx
Terran Angel

Yeah, the screen would go black for a couple seconds when entering or exiting several of the huts and Besaid Temple.

My brother picked it up.  So far he enjoys it, but he said the redone music is a bit distracting.  He also said Last Mission was done with the english voice actors, so that should be interesting at least.

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 8:29am

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I'm in Europe, so I pick up my copy on Friday.

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 2:47pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I'll pick it up when it's 20 bucks.  Biggest dissapointment from what I've heard is that you can't skip cutscenes.  Come on, that should have been a huge priority.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 3:22pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

There are a ton of loading screens, yeah.  They generally don't last very long; they'd have been better off just leaving the screen black instead of going to the really ugly Spiran text for LOADING and the spinny logo thing.

I've only done the beginning (got to Besaid Village, didn't do anything), but I really enjoy the reworked music.  The victory theme is a little out-of-place (it's a little... I dunno, melodramatic?) but I figure I'll get used to it.

How pretty everyone looks really clashes with how not-pretty the vast majority of NPCs are.

Also Tidus looks even more Meg-Ryan-like now.

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 3:56pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Why do you want to skip cutscenes. Speed runs?

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 5:09pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Crono said:

I'll pick it up when it's 20 bucks.  Biggest dissapointment from what I've heard is that you can't skip cutscenes.  Come on, that should have been a huge priority.

Ditto - actually I'll have a $20 gift card to Gamestop cause I'm only going to have to spend $30 of the $50 I have on Infamous after trade in.  The only thing I can't decide is if I want it for PS3 or Vita.  Think I'm leaning towards Vita.

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 6:13pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

So this thing has the advanced sphere grid or whatever it's called, and (having played the original game like 3-4 times) I felt I had to use it.

I don't know why, but this thing is fucking intimidating.  "Oh, well here's Tidus first couple of moves,a nd he can move towards... Jinx... Haste.... uh, the Nul-elements quadrant?  And base-level spells quadrant?  ... do I want to make Tidus a fuckin' mage?"

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 6:20pm

Ramses
Registered Member

Just finished the BlitzBall tourney,and got Auron back.  Amazing how they cranked 4 of these classics out in 5 years (7-X),and absolutely nothing since has been worth the disc they've been printed on.

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 7:06pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Having never played this game before, I'm debating picking it up for the Vita or waiting until I eventually get a PS3 (who knows when that will be). Anyone trying out the Vita version? Obviously the PS3 version looks better.

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 7:49pm

Ramses
Registered Member

Big Tall said:

Having never played this game before, I'm debating picking it up for the Vita or waiting until I eventually get a PS3 (who knows when that will be). Anyone trying out the Vita version? Obviously the PS3 version looks better.

Well you could get it on Vita, and transfer your progress once you get a PS3/PS3 version...If you got extra cash an plan on taking a while to play through them.

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 7:57pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Atma Weapon said:

That's the major one (although not for me, just generalizing) but for me there are some scenes I've seen enough to know I want to skip, there are scenes before boss battles that may give you trouble, especially if you're doing a challenge run that you don't want to have to watch everytime you die, and just because it's an option in almost all (at least the ones I play) RPGs these days and tons of games in general. 

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 8:03pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Ramses said:

Well you could get it on Vita, and transfer your progress once you get a PS3/PS3 version...If you got extra cash an plan on taking a while to play through them.

Not a bad idea. Thanks!

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 8:35pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Nelfichu said:

Anyone pick this up? I heard rumors that FFX remastered's sales will determine whether or not Square will re-release FFXII. 

Unfortunately they said recently it's extremely unlikely they will work in FFXII.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/02/13/square-enix-no-plans-for-final-fantasy-xii-hd-audio-drama-doesnt-mean-final-fantasy-x-3-development-is-planned/

At this moment, we do not have any plans [to release a HD remastered version of Final Fantasy XII]. But as Kitase-san has mentioned, if there are a lot of requests from the fans for a HD remastered version of Final Fantasy XII, we might consider it.But with that said, at this moment there are no plans to do so.

So they're not even working on it.

Atma Weapon said:

Because experiencing the torture that is HA HA HA HA HA HA more than once a decade is too much? :P

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 11:49am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Don't plan on picking this up. I already have the games on PS2. Plus they are among the weakest in the franchise.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter