Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Bundle Confirmed

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next >

08.12.2013 6:41pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Bleh.  If it turns out this way I may just cancel my preorder...

Jump to Post

08.13.2013 2:26pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

When is this thing even supposed to get released?

It's a bit disconcerting when the SD looks better overall than the HD.

Jump to Post

08.14.2013 4:46am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Yeah, I think I'll just download an ISO of the International version and fire that up instead.

Jump to Post

08.15.2013 12:05am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I thoughtabout it and the 30 minute ending will be a speech by Square enix on why cell phone games are superior to console games. I just can't see them adding new content to something, unless its to further their plan to make only cell phone games.  Tidus will say "the fayth dream on both the Iphone and Android, you can find me there" then they'll remove him from the ending of FFX-2.

Jump to Post

08.28.2013 10:52pm
 (Edited on 08.28.2013 at 10:57pm)

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

So apparently there's a new trailer out, and the music is getting remastered too. I haven't watched it yet (no Youtube access), but this worries me, because I read they added stuff. While I had mixed feelings about the soundtrack at the time, I've grown to love it and I feel like it won't be the same if they mess with it too much. :( They've also apparently messed with the menus as well. The neon rainbow colors were tacky as hell but that's also part of the character of the game and it actually fits the largely tropical setting. If it looks like something more generic, that's another blow to the game's charm. Man, I feel like a cranky old-timer, but I am legitimately worried SE is going to screw this up. I'm stil hoping they fix those character expressions, too.

Jump to Post

08.28.2013 10:55pm
Thread Creator

Ashilyn
Career GM

The new menus look SO much better. The crisper, cleaner, and alid out a bit better. The music... couldn't tell you. But everything I've seen gives me no reason to worry.

Jump to Post

08.28.2013 11:25pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

People are complaining that they want the original to change for the better and that there's no point buying the game if it's too similar and now that these new videos come out all the time, people complain that they don't want it to change too much xD can't make everyone happy lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhi7O565Ouo

Here is a video with comparison for the battles and whatnot ... I can see more details in the graphics in the HD remake if that ease's peoples' minds somehow and although the song does seem remastered, it just sounds orchestrated, if anything ... and a lot of soundtracks with remastered orcherstrated tracks have come out in the past with good results, so I guess this just makes things to look forward to even more =D

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

08.28.2013 11:33pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

I think it sounds fine. The guitar riffs are a nice touch. And I honestly can't tell that much difference between SD Yuna and HD Yuna, other than it looks like SD Yuna has ceiling eyes.

Jump to Post

08.28.2013 11:49pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Fuuko Sakurada said:

People are complaining that they want the original to change for the better and that there's no point buying the game if it's too similar and now that these new videos come out all the time, people complain that they don't want it to change too much xD can't make everyone happy lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhi7O565Ouo

Here is a video with comparison for the battles and whatnot ... I can see more details in the graphics in the HD remake if that ease's peoples' minds somehow and although the song does seem remastered, it just sounds orchestrated, if anything ... and a lot of soundtracks with remastered orcherstrated tracks have come out in the past with good results, so I guess this just makes things to look forward to even more =D

I'm not against change, I'm just worried based on SE's recent track record.  And the wooden facial expressions seen in the first comparison video.  Hopefully when I can watch this new one later it will put my fears to rest.

Jump to Post

08.29.2013 1:09am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

HD version's gameplay so far looks pretty much the same from an artistic standpoint. Everything is just more detailed and cleaner looking in terms of technical stuff. Looks fine to me.

Also like the redone version of the FFX battle theme.

Jump to Post

08.29.2013 10:16am

Kal
yes

I quite like the remastered battle theme. 

Jump to Post

08.29.2013 1:45pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I remember the old FFONLINE site that reviewed the Japanese FFX and panned the battle theme. I never understood why, I thought it fit the game's atmosphere very well with the techno shwashbucking pirate theme to it since Spira was covered mostly in water.

Jump to Post

08.29.2013 5:33pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I remember Valvados really hating that battle theme lol.

I never had much of a problem with it, though it sounded weird out of context. But once I started playing the game I dug it.

Jump to Post

08.30.2013 4:52am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Now that I've been spoiled by besting the worst of FFX's sidequests through an emulator, any version that doesn't give me savestates for at least the butterfly and lightning bolt quests (and preferably also the Cactuar Village) is null and void.

But the battle theme remix is pretty nice. 

For the record, I liked the battle theme and appreciate how Uematsu was trying to break away from the classic rolling bass of the classic games and the 5/4 tempo of FFVII and VIII.  Not really my favorite of all time or anything (and I understand why many hate it) but it was good.

Jump to Post

08.30.2013 6:03am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Ranking the regular battle themes to best to worst

1. FFIV
2. FFVII
3. FFV
4. FFII
5. FFIX
6. FFVIII
7. FFX
8. FFI
9. FFVI
10. FFIII
11. FFXIII

* yeah for some reason I never got into the battle theme of FFVI despite my absolute love of the game.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter