Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Bundle Confirmed

< Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Next >

08.30.2013 7:14am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'd probably rate them (for normal themes anyway)...

1. FFIV
2. FFVI
3. FFIX
4. FFVII
5. FFV
6. FFVIII
7. FFX
8. FFXIII
9. FFII
10. FF
11. FFIII

FF12 didn't really have any traditional battle themes and FF11 has too many to choose from depending on where you fight and if you're solo or in a party. No clue how it is with FF14.

Jump to Post

08.30.2013 7:26am

Crisium
N/A

X has my favourite normal battle theme.  It's what I always think of when I think of a random FF battle.

I like the remix for the HD version.

Jump to Post

09.04.2013 9:53pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Finally watched the new trailer last night.  The reworked battle theme is a bit busy but it's good.

I'm kind of not liking the fonts they're using for on-screen stuff, especially the damage.  Just looks too generic, and FF has always had fairly iconic fonts.  But that's something I can live with.  Wooden facial expressions, however, might still be a dealbreaker.

Jump to Post

09.05.2013 12:10am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Yuna looks like Kristen Stewart with the dead, dead eyes. Haha. As far as the pure battle system goes, I agree that it was pretty good. Although like most things about the game, the music was pretty forgettable. Along with the characters, plot, setting, etc et al.

Jump to Post

09.05.2013 6:28pm
 (Edited on 09.05.2013 at 6:42pm)

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

I liked the world quite a bit. It was unique for FF, in a good way. Plot was decent too, and the characters, while not really unique, visually they were a better twist on the Nomuramoarzippers! look. XD At first I did think the music was bland, and it is in comparison to previous games, but it really grew on me and a lot of the tracks were memorable to me. If anything, they were very good for invoking certain moods assocated with specific scenes or areas.

lol, this just occured to me after all these years... I guess in concept Blitzball is already completely ridiculous, but even moreso are the outfits.  Those crazy hip-waders that Wakka wears would slow him down like nothing else in water.  Not to mention everyone seems to be wearing overalls.  Ah well, in a game of underwater football where players exert themselves while holding their breaths for minutes at a time, silly costumes are the least of concerns.

Jump to Post

09.05.2013 6:45pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I love this game but I will never forgive Tidus' stupid asymetrical shortpants.

And:  the wooden faces is a little annoying, but, honestly?  Hooking my PS2 directly up to my HDTV looks like fucking GARBAGE--headache inducing, blurry, streaky GARBAGE.  I will gladly accept wooden faces if it means I can replay FFX without giving myself eyestrain and a migraine.

Jump to Post

09.14.2013 7:37pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

re; the music, I generally liked (and often loved) the stuff by Uematsu.  The rest mostly sucked.

Haven't played this in a while now, might have to give the original a run through since the remaster is now due for next year (and seriously, wtf @ that)

Jump to Post

09.15.2013 6:42am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Hadn't heard of the delay. I hope there was at least some sort of good reason.

Jump to Post

09.15.2013 8:26am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Well I thought I'd read that Square reps were pretty open about it not showing up this year at some gaming convention recently but now you have me thinking I made it all up.

Jump to Post

09.15.2013 12:17pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I'm so bummed this isn't out yet, I think when this was announced (in like 2011? 2012?) I was actually like 5 hours into a new FFX playthrough and decided to stop in favor of waiting for the HD version -- assuming it was like 6-10 months away, not 3 years away. You almost think this will have to be a PS4 bundle as well.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 2:19am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

This is why I'm doing my million-hour, max-out-my-stats-so-I-can-last-longer-than-one-turn-against-Penance playthrough now.  I figure by the time FFX HD actually comes out, I'll be finally ready to play it again.

Jump to Post

10.17.2013 4:43am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Im late to the party but wow i really like the re-done battle theme!

Jump to Post

10.30.2013 7:10pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Japanese release date been confirmed as 26th December (various sources), still no US/EU release dates:(.

Jump to Post

11.18.2013 2:28pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

The newest delay, er, release date is March 18. I wonder if that will hold true or not.

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-delayed-now-set-to-arrive-in-1466559310

Jump to Post

11.18.2013 2:49pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I'll believe it when I see it

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter