Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

ME3 (Where we discuss things other than the ending)

< Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 26 Next >

11.09.2012 8:45pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

It's probably going to be Earth during ME3.  The setup for it in ME3 itself is just too strong.

Jump to Post

11.10.2012 5:37am

KyleIII
Registered Member

I agree with Onyx, as I've always find it strange how quickly people jump to the First Contact War when discussing further games in the series.

I've mentioned it before, but I'd rather see a Mass Effect game from a non-military perspective. Let me play as Mass Effect's version of Han Solo or Boba Fett.

Jump to Post

11.12.2012 6:19pm

Zubis
Registered Member

https://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/12/an-update-from-bioware-montreal/

It's developed by Bioware Montreal, not Edmonton, it uses the Frostbite engine and...well, that's about it really.

All I'll say is that based on the list of titles that use Frostbite it could go either way.

Jump to Post

11.12.2012 7:04pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The Battlefield 3 engine is technically amazing so at the very least it'll have a good engine. I mean, Mass Effect 1 used the original UE3 and that engine is pretty bad. And that game turned out well. And Skyrim uses a heavily modified version of Gamebryo and that engine is an old, outdated piece of shit.

It's more about the people using it than the engine itself. It just provides a nice backbone.

Jump to Post

11.14.2012 10:26am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Onyx said:

The Battlefield 3 engine is technically amazing so at the very least it'll have a good engine. I mean, Mass Effect 1 used the original UE3 and that engine is pretty bad. And that game turned out well. And Skyrim uses a heavily modified version of Gamebryo and that engine is an old, outdated piece of shit.

It's more about the people using it than the engine itself. It just provides a nice backbone.

I was about to say the same thing. The Battlefield 3 team made great use of the Frostbite engine so I'm not so worried about its use in this case.

Jump to Post

11.17.2012 2:25am

Turhaya
The Batman

KyleIII said:

[...] I'd rather see a Mass Effect game from a non-military perspective. Let me play as Mass Effect's version of Han Solo or Boba Fett.

Limed for truth? Is that still a thing? 'Cause yeah. Loose me as a Malcolm Reynolds in that universe and I will aim to misbehave.

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Jump to Post

11.20.2012 9:45pm

Zubis
Registered Member

https://twitter.com/CaseyDHudson/status/270668914273443840

Parsing through your thoughts on the next #ME game. Would you be more interested in a game that takes place before the trilogy, or after?

A surprising amount of people seem to want a prequel.

Jump to Post

11.28.2012 3:00am

Zubis
Registered Member

So Mass Effect 3 Omega is out.

Yeah, that was my reaction too. Skip it.

Jump to Post

11.28.2012 3:45am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I bought it because I'm a sucker. 

From what I'm reading I'm about 2/3 or so of the way through it. Maybe more. So far it's not bad, but I think Leviathan was better. Lots of combat, which was to be expected, a few glitches with graphics. It feels a little lazy not being able to take at least one squadmate with you. This is nit picky, but I'm not a fan of the music. 

Overall I am enjoying it. Anything that adds to ME universe I'm basically a fan of, but I can't help but feel this one is overpriced. It's not bad per sae, but at $15, it's a bit of a letdown. The $10 price tag of Leviathan would have been about right for this so far. 

I'll finish it up tomorrow night and give some final thoughts. If things stay on pace I'd say it's a 7 or 7.5 out of 10. Whereas Leviathan I'd put at an 8.5 or so. 

Jump to Post

11.28.2012 3:47am
Thread Creator

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I put down $5 on Leviathon this past weekend but I've yet to play it.  I'm sure as shit not dropping $15 on DLC; at least I know it will eventually go on sale (as all ME DLC does). 

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

11.28.2012 8:33am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

This is the first time there's been Mass Effect DLC and I'm not clamouring to buy it. It's not even the price tag, which does seem a bit high given the amount of content we get.

Jump to Post

11.28.2012 4:20pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'm waiting for a price drop. Then again, I haven't even bought Leviathan yet. I am ridiculously slow when it comes to buying Mass Effect DLC. I didn't even get Arrival until like, 2 weeks before ME3 came out.

Jump to Post

11.28.2012 11:57pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

Inquisitor said:

I bought it because I'm a sucker. 

From what I'm reading I'm about 2/3 or so of the way through it. Maybe more. So far it's not bad, but I think Leviathan was better. Lots of combat, which was to be expected, a few glitches with graphics. It feels a little lazy not being able to take at least one squadmate with you. This is nit picky, but I'm not a fan of the music. 

Overall I am enjoying it. Anything that adds to ME universe I'm basically a fan of, but I can't help but feel this one is overpriced. It's not bad per sae, but at $15, it's a bit of a letdown. The $10 price tag of Leviathan would have been about right for this so far. 

I'll finish it up tomorrow night and give some final thoughts. If things stay on pace I'd say it's a 7 or 7.5 out of 10. Whereas Leviathan I'd put at an 8.5 or so. 

I've also gotten it and I pretty much agree with these thoughts. Minor early spoiler:
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
No comment on meeting a femaie Turian for the first time and the only story explanation for not being able to involve your squadmates is that Aria has "issues with some of them"? Lame.
I don't regret buying it, but it's probably not worth it if you're selective with your purchases.

Jump to Post

11.29.2012 12:53am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I just finished it up. 

I stick with basically everything I said yesterday. I'd put it at a 7/10. Solid if unspectacular. I enjoyed Leviathan more though. Probably about on par for me with LOtSB (although I like Shadow Broker less than most people do, so take that for what it's worth). It took me about 4 hours to get through and I didn't do all the little side missions (which I typically enjoy doing). I'm a bit slow though when it comes to playing through DLC's I've found. 

If you're a fan of the ME universe I'd recommend picking it up. Whether or not you get it now or on a sale is your call and I would say base your decision on how big of a fanboy you are. It's really combat heavy, but in a good way. It seems they are taking some of the tactics from multiplayer and applying it to the single player experience in the DLC's, which IMO is a good thing. 

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
The Adjutants were a bit of a let down if only because they don't show up much or often though. The Rampart Mech's I really enjoyed and wish they had been part of the main game.

Otherwise my biggest beef is with how they handled Nyreen. Her sacrifice at the end of the DLC was completely unnecessary and contrived in my opinion. It felt like it was in there for shock value only, which I find to be really annoying

Overall, not a bad purchase. I think some of the negative feedback from the fanbase has been absurd, but it does kind of stink that you can't go back to Omega after the DLC. But either way, I enjoyed it.

Jump to Post

11.30.2012 8:00am

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

I also completed it last night (including the side missions, which aren't really side missions as much as fetch quests to pick up stuff you'll run into while doing the main quests anyway) and I still more or less agree with everything posted above. I enjoyed it well enough, but I'd definitely say that Leviathan was better.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 26 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter