Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

ME3 (Where we discuss things other than the ending)

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 Next >

03.19.2012 10:39pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

reido said:
Also, to answer CoP's question about the thing in the thing:
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Isn't it indicated in the dialogue that the reason the Asari are so far advanced is because of the Beacon, and that hiding it from the rest of the Council races is a pretty serious crime?  Given the amount of secrecy and security around it I thought it was pretty clear that the Asari were taking advantage of it to give them an up over the rest of the Galaxy.

Yeah, I rewatched that part of the game on youtube and you're 100% right.  I don't know how I missed it the first time through, although I did bring Javik and I find him hard to listen to sometimes cause it seems like all his lines aren't as loud as the other characters.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 2:06am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Genophage mission spoilers

Just watched the video Shepard shooting Mordin on Tuchanka instead of actually curing the genophage and dying in the explosion. Holy crap, was that heart breaking. Poor Mordin :(

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 1:43pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Zubis said:

Oh my god, I never got how these two side stories clicked.

Joker's sister, the 15 year old from Tiptree?

You know who else came from Tiptree? The PTSD Asari that had to kill a girl that wanted to be a pilot when she grew up...

I actually have zero exposure to anything you mention in that spoiler.  Amazing the things you can miss.

For instance it took me I think three playthroughs of ME1 to realize Kirrahe didn't have to die.

Cult of Personality said:

reido said:
Also, to answer CoP's question about the thing in the thing:
Isn't it indicated in the dialogue that the reason the Asari are so far advanced is because of the Beacon, and that hiding it from the rest of the Council races is a pretty serious crime?  Given the amount of secrecy and security around it I thought it was pretty clear that the Asari were taking advantage of it to give them an up over the rest of the Galaxy.

Yeah, I rewatched that part of the game on youtube and you're 100% right.  I don't know how I missed it the first time through, although I did bring Javik and I find him hard to listen to sometimes cause it seems like all his lines aren't as loud as the other characters.

I spent the whole mission accidentally interrupting him when he started talking as soon as I was about to click a thing.

Fun trick:  barge in on a crewmember and immediately talk to them.  Sometimes they'll start they're automatic dialogue, and if you can get that and one of hte "non-conversation" conversations to start, they'll just talk over each other.  It's funny to imagine Ash talking twice at the same time.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 2:37pm
Thread Creator

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I've been meaning to mention that I strictly played Soldier in ME1, 2, and 3.  In multiplayer ME3 I started as soldier but didn't like it (I went back later after leveling and it was decent though).  I switched to Engineer and loved it since you get Incinerate AND Overload... yeah he got to level 20 in no time.  I've been bouncing between Vanguard and Adept now and I strugled with Vanguard until I gained a few levels and learned the critical combo of Charge/Shotgun/melle/nova/run and I love it.  I get way more experience than any other class too.  Adept... I really suck at.  The skills are nice but I feel like my weapon damage is just gimped beyond belief.  I'll try infiltrator in a few days but I have a feeling I'll love cloak and shotgun comboing.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 3:04pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

The trick to playing an Adept (who doesn't have Warp Ammo as you can get in the SP campaign) is to tell your gun to fuck off.  It's never going to do that much damage compared to what you can do with some well-timed Singularity/Warp combos.

(This is lower-level Adept stuff, I'm still working on getting more levels.)

An Adept can't do shit against shields, though--that's what your teammates are for.  I've gone entire waves on my Adept and never fired a shot.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 5:47pm
 (Edited on 03.20.2012 at 5:53pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

Once you go Vanguard you never go back :/

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 7:43pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Adept in ME1 is hilariously broken at higher levels. Especially if you bring over Assault Rifle or Shotgun training from Soldier/Vanguard.  Singularity is ridiculous and Stasis Mastery (which you get with one of the specializations) lets you damage enemies in stasis.

I've taken down Thresher Maws on foot with no help from the Mako guns with Stasis Mastery.

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 12:01am

Vegeta X
Registered Member

Crono said:

I've been meaning to mention that I strictly played Soldier in ME1, 2, and 3.  In multiplayer ME3 I started as soldier but didn't like it (I went back later after leveling and it was decent though).  I switched to Engineer and loved it since you get Incinerate AND Overload... yeah he got to level 20 in no time.  I've been bouncing between Vanguard and Adept now and I strugled with Vanguard until I gained a few levels and learned the critical combo of Charge/Shotgun/melle/nova/run and I love it.  I get way more experience than any other class too.  Adept... I really suck at.  The skills are nice but I feel like my weapon damage is just gimped beyond belief.  I'll try infiltrator in a few days but I have a feeling I'll love cloak and shotgun comboing.

Asari Adept is by far the best of the adepts on multiplayer.

Throw is so ridiculously OPed when fully speced for damage and force and there is nothing quite as satisfying as hitting a home run with an enemy (aka sending them sailing across the battlefield with a finely placed throw).

You also have stasis (which you want to spec to stasis bubble) which will lockdown most enemies.  Drop a stasis on an enemy and then throw and you will be in biotic explosion heaven.  Same goes for Warp then throw.

With my Asari Adept, I go into battle with a Phalanx pistol and nothing else (really you dont even need that) for a 200% recharge bonus.  Throw has like a 1 second cooldown and warp has a 2 second one.  Stasis isnt much longer.

Every time Ive used my asari adept, I easily have the most points on the team.  Give her a shot once you unlock it.

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 3:26am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

Man, I really need to get back into playing multiplayer.

Forgot to mention this.  Oddly, one of the most poignant for me was when Liara came to your cabin with the time capsule.  Between her explaining what was going into it, asking you how you want yourself described in it, and the music just made the scene so frigging somber.  I really can't recall feeling the way I did during that scene in any other video game.

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 8:47am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Zubis said:

Once you go Vanguard you never go back :/

Oh, there is where I put my desire to replay this series!

I've been strictly a Soldier myself, but Vanguard looks freaking fun.  ("is it a krogan?" "Yes" THAT FACE!)

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 1:33pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Had a guy bail on our team at the last second.  Had a second guy bail on us before the end of the first wave.  Spent 40 minutes getting carried around the battlefield by a truly hardcore Quarian Infiltrator.  Uttered phrases like "Mail Slot that bitch, come on!" followed by "You know I bet Mail Slot is hard to pull off without slow-mo" and "Holy shit he just did it" and "How the hell did they get an Atlas down that hallway?!" and "Holy damn how the hell did he bring it down so fast?!".

Good times, good times.  I actually got his ass off the ground a couple times so I know even if he was doing most of the work he would have died without me!

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 1:55pm
Thread Creator

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Vegeta X said:

Crono said:

Throw is so ridiculously OPed when fully speced for damage and force and there is nothing quite as satisfying as hitting a home run with an enemy (aka sending them sailing across the battlefield with a finely placed throw).

You also have stasis (which you want to spec to stasis bubble) which will lockdown most enemies.  Drop a stasis on an enemy and then throw and you will be in biotic explosion heaven.  Same goes for Warp then throw.

With my Asari Adept, I go into battle with a Phalanx pistol and nothing else (really you dont even need that) for a 200% recharge bonus.  Throw has like a 1 second cooldown and warp has a 2 second one.  Stasis isnt much longer.

Every time Ive used my asari adept, I easily have the most points on the team.  Give her a shot once you unlock it.
That's the ONE thing that blows about the MP: unlocking characters being randomized.  I can't tell you how many 20k item packs I've bought and only unlocked 4 characters.  It's pretty bullshit but I know we've talked about that before. 

I have been wondering about that bubble attack.  I've only seen one person use it before but it was godlike.  Want.

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 2:58pm

Vegeta X
Registered Member

Crono said:

Vegeta X said:

Crono said:

That's the ONE thing that blows about the MP: unlocking characters being randomized.  I can't tell you how many 20k item packs I've bought and only unlocked 4 characters.  It's pretty bullshit but I know we've talked about that before. 

I have been wondering about that bubble attack.  I've only seen one person use it before but it was godlike.  Want.

I would advise to save up only for the Spectre Packs instead of picking up the vet packs.  You will always get something good with the Spectre pack

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 8:02pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I'm just throwing space bucks into the cheap packs right now to level up weapons and such a bit faster.

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 8:08pm

Magicjewel
Dr. Fantabulous
Administrator

I really can't get into the multiplayer.  I don't do a lot of online gaming, but I thought about trying it out to increase my galactic readiness.  However, I bet I would be so far behind no one would want to play with me (kinda like it was when I played Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer).

"Well, your brain seems to work a little bit." -- Rune Walsh, Phantasy Star IV.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter