Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game Of Thrones: Season 6

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

06.20.2016 1:59pm
 (Edited on 06.20.2016 at 2:28pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Predictable, but awesome.  Regarding the, uh, target practice scene before the battle--you know, there was no suspense; you knew exactly how that was going to turn out, because everything Ramsay does is always the worst thing Ramsay can do.  So of course it's going to end exactly like it ended.  (And, in one of my few actual complaints, of course they chose to show him laying there getting peppered with arrows after the fact, in case it just wasn't brutal enough for you already.)

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Jon constantly underestimating his sister is a pretty strong theme here.  There are a lot of obvious places this shows up before the battle and in its immediately preceeding events, but really it all got encapsulated at the end:

Ramsay is down, Jon is pissed, and he's just beating the everloving shit out of him.  He looks up, sees Sansa, and stops... as if he's somehow disturbing her.

Meanwhile, Sansa's face is like "No, please, keep going, don't stop on my account."

Jon climbs off, takes Ramsay prisoner instead of just outright killing him right there, and it's framed as if he's doing it to spare Sansa the violence and horror.

At which point Sansa feeds Ramsay to his dogs, and watches, and smiles.  Ice fuckin' cold, lady.

Anyways, extremely predictable, but still extremely awesome.  Oh geez those long shots of Jon on the ground while everything goes to shit around him.  Oh geez the smothering horror when the wildlings broke.  Fantastic.

Also I want to bitch about Ghost not being there but if Ghost had been there they would have found some idiotic way to brutally kill him off, so, silver linings.

Also this was the most exciting Mereen has ever been ever.

ALSO
I'd like to express my relief that they didn't kill my girl Lyanna Mormont off in some horrifying way, which means of course she'll eventually get shanked by ice-zombies, as all supportings characters in the North must do.

Jump to Post

06.20.2016 5:18pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Yup yup yup to everything everyone has said. Fun, predictable, tense episode. And yaaaay release the hounds!

Also, runner up to all the awesome was the Dany/Theon/YaraAsha chat. I think that's been my favorite part of Mereen all season long.

Jump to Post

06.20.2016 5:24pm

Amer
pew pew pew

reido said:

Jon constantly underestimating his sister is a pretty strong theme here.  There are a lot of obvious places this shows up before the battle and in its immediately preceeding events, but really it all got encapsulated at the end:

Ramsay is down, Jon is pissed, and he's just beating the everloving shit out of him.  He looks up, sees Sansa, and stops... as if he's somehow disturbing her.

Meanwhile, Sansa's face is like "No, please, keep going, don't stop on my account."

Jon climbs off, takes Ramsay prisoner instead of just outright killing him right there, and it's framed as if he's doing it to spare Sansa the violence and horror.

At which point Sansa feeds Ramsay to his dogs, and watches, and smiles.  Ice fuckin' cold, lady.

That's funny, the way I interpreted that and the way that Kit Harrington explained it in the little HBO "making the battle video" they put up afterwards was: 

That Jon saw Sansa and basically didn't want to take her vengeance away from her. I think he was ready to beat Ramsay to death until he saw Sansa and realized it was her revenge to be had.

Jump to Post

06.20.2016 5:31pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I've read that since and it makes a lot of sense as well.

Jump to Post

06.20.2016 6:56pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Amer said:

That's funny, the way I interpreted that and the way that Kit Harrington explained it in the little HBO "making the battle video" they put up afterwards was: 

That Jon saw Sansa and basically didn't want to take her vengeance away from her. I think he was ready to beat Ramsay to death until he saw Sansa and realized it was her revenge to be had.

That's how I interpreted that.  Jon got caught up but then realized that it should be Sansa's kill.

Fantastic episode.  Loved it.

Jump to Post

06.20.2016 10:50pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

And this week's Chrys Watches.

Jump to Post

06.20.2016 10:58pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I'm with the consensus here largely: Predictable, but spectacular. About the only thing that really made my eyes roll was every single arrow in a tight volley harmlessly falling around Jon, and that happened at least twice that I can recall, too.

And for once Meereen was at least engaging.

Jump to Post

06.20.2016 11:48pm
 (Edited on 06.20.2016 at 11:58pm)

Magnus
Registered Member

Not just the arrows but also every enemy about to kill Jon gets either hit by an arrow or stopped by a Stark Loyalist.

Perhaps it's show plot armor but keep in mind that the Gods seem to have some hint of influence in that world, so likely the Old Gods could have played a role in that. Jon committed no violaitons against them, though he did consider killing Mance when parlaying with him. But he did not do it, also in part to the timely arrival of Stannis. Ramsay, however, had committed the violation of Kinslaying on three counts when he killed Roose, Walda, and his baby brother.

Next week, we'll see what happens wiht Melissandre. Liekly Sansa and Jon banish her from the North but she sticks around in the shadows to see what happens. And of course Houses Umber and Karstark will have hell to pay next week too. If the current Lord Karstark surrvived, Sansa will most likely send him to the Wall rather than execute him. They also need to focus on finding Bran now.

Jump to Post

06.21.2016 12:57am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Kellios said:

And this week's Chrys Watches.

"I do love a good hound" omg

Jump to Post

06.21.2016 10:27am

Magnus
Registered Member

Jump to Post

06.21.2016 5:49pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Poor Rickon. We hardly knew yee.

Jump to Post

06.23.2016 5:05am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

The battle was pretty awesome. Definitely the highlight to a mediocre season. Anyone hazard a guess on the last Ep.?

Jump to Post

06.24.2016 1:48pm

Call
Firefightin' Administrator
Administrator

In attempting to destroy the Sept of Baelor, Cersei destroys the entire city.  Qyburn mentioned caches of wildfire below the Red Keep and the Sept of Baelor, specifically, and I think that's going to have some pretty dire consequences.  I think Littlefinger will have it in for Jon.

Also, I can't believe no one is talking about 
pregnant Sansa.

Also, Bran will have more visons and they'll reveal 
that Jon is Targaryen, meaning he'll eventually be the second dragon-rider.  I think that Tyrion is also half-Targaryen and will be the third dragon-rider.  It'll be one more layer to why Tywin assisted in the rebellion all those years ago--out of spite from Aerys banging his wife.  He would never be able to reveal that he'd been cuckolded out of fear of losing face, and it would also explain why he would continue to deny Tyrion the seat of House Lannister after Jamie pledged to the Kingsguard, other than the poor excuse of whoring and drinking.  Tyrion is not actually a Lannister.

The women are rising to take power.  Daenerys and Yara/Asha, Sansa, Margaery's deception, Arya's turn.  

EDIT:  The minute I saw the Twins in the map, I knew what was going to happen there, especially when the brunette appeared.  Plus, Varys has mastered time and space, to pop from one continent to the other (I guessed where he was headed on his trip when he left Mereen).  Didn't expect the jumper, but I did tell someone at the firehouse as the episode started that I figured about a dozen people would get it tonight.

I didn't expect the King in the North, the Cersei in the South, or Margaery/Mace/Loras/Kevan deaths; I figured the Sparrow would die.  

Also, they went silent on the baby's name when Lyanna gave him to Ned.  It never occurred to me that his name might not actually be Jon, even while reading the books a few years back.  Maybe she gave him a Targaryen name suggested by Rhaegar, and Ned changed both first and last completely to hide his lineage further.

Jump to Post

06.27.2016 3:26am

Magicjewel
Dr. Fantabulous
Administrator

This might be my favorite episode ever. Jesus Christ.

"Well, your brain seems to work a little bit." -- Rune Walsh, Phantasy Star IV.

Jump to Post

06.27.2016 3:44am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Magicjewel said:

This might be my favorite episode ever. Jesus Christ.

It was so good.

And omg the music!  The soundtrack was on point tonight all the way through.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter