Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game Of Thrones: Season 6

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

06.08.2016 1:15am

Lexx
Terran Angel

After the previous episode, I thought to myself, "Thank God there were no Sand Sneks."  Then I realized that Dorne only appeared in the season premiere.  And that was only for two scenes.  It was so horrendous that only a few minutes of time (this season) are still looming in the background.

Regarding Arya:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I don't think it was a con.  I think it was exactly as we saw.  It's stupid, but unfortunately that happens a lot on this show.

Jump to Post

06.10.2016 10:25pm
Thread Creator

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Jump to Post

06.13.2016 4:00am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

That was probably the worst non-Dorne episode ever.

Riverrun, dumb.

Blackfish killed off screen, dumb.

Brienne rowing away from Jaime after siege over, dumb.

"I choose violence" because reasons, dumb.

"No trial by combat," dumb. (And booooo no Clegane Bowl.)

Ser Kevan, dumb. (Man, I hope Varys is off to kill him a la ADWD.)

Tyrion, Grey Worm and Missandei drinking and joking, really fucking dumb.

Deus Ex Dany, EXTREMELY fucking dumb.

Terminator Waif, dumb.

That ending, dumb and dumber.

At least next episode should be a hell of a spectacle, even if Ramsay Plot Armor will be omnipresent.

Jump to Post

06.13.2016 11:33am
 (Edited on 06.13.2016 at 11:48am)

Magnus
Registered Member

So the Snowbowl is next week. 

Place your bets!

With the exception of last season, history has always given the underdog the victory. Stannis screwed himself, lost his cavalry and drove away half his remaining men when he permitted Shireen burned at the stake. He went in knowing he was going to die.

Jon's army is more prepared, though lacking in numbers thanks to Rob and Cat's fuckups three seasons go.

I see the Knights of the Vale coming to save the day and handing the Starks the win. Baelish knows he fucked up ebcause he did not know what Ramsay was capable of and probably did not count on Roose being offed by his own son. Unlike Roose, Ramsay is a loose and unpredictable cannon. He's not someone who can be reigned in, like Joffrey, with the right person. Ramsay does his own dirty work and doesn't rely on thugs to do it for him. Story-wise, what is left for Ramsay? Roose is dead, Fat Walda is dead,  Myranda is dead, Theon is back with the Ironborn. He's run his course. There would be no more story in the North if he wins because he's not  going to pay any heed ot what is coming their way on the other side of the wall.

Jump to Post

06.13.2016 1:56pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

What a resounding shrug of an episode.

Lancel's "We've made a huge mistake" face was pretty amazing though.

Jump to Post

06.13.2016 5:37pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Meh. Kill the Blackfish offscreen? Keep name dropping Catelyn Stark yet Beric lives? LSH is still three seasons too late, but why even talk about her at all if it's not going to happen?

And everything with Arya was just dumb. Boy does she heal quick, and that chase was just all kinds of stupid.

Tommen making trial by combat illegal is dumb too - why on earth would he do that? He knows that basically dooms his mother, which in turns makes the rumors about Cersei and her children true - bastards born of incest, with no claim to the throne. How has no one pointed this out yet? Kevan? Pycelle? Lady Olena? Anyone? How is this so easily overlooked?

And WTF Mereen? I have not been a fan of the Tyrion/Missendei/Greyworm scenes, and this continued the stupid. And then Deus Ex Machina Dragon Queen. Blargh. How about torching some ships?

Yeah, most disappointing episode since the first one.

It's so frustrating. When the writing is good, it's very good, but Christ when it's bad, it overshadows everything else. And this episode was full of terrible writing decisions.

Jump to Post

06.13.2016 6:18pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

They HAVE to show Beric actually resurrecting Catelyn in the finale. Have to. That's a bridge they've already started crossing, AFAIC. Why bring Beric back otherwise?

Jump to Post

06.14.2016 1:08am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Jaime.  Just... fucking Jaime, lord.
Book-Jaime:  "I'll load your baby into a catapult and launch it over the walls, [or at least i'll say I will, knowing you'll assume I will because you think i'm a monster, even though I wouldn't*, because I'm sort of working on this not-being-garbage thing]"

Show-Jaime:  "I'll load your baby into a catapult and launch it over the walls, [for real, because I'm really desperate to get back to fucking my sister**, and we're utter garbage people].

*Yes, yes, this is open to interpretation.
**This one, however, is a hard fucking fact, so my point (about this show's utter lack of subtlety) stands.

Jump to Post

06.14.2016 1:21am

Lexx
Terran Angel

Last night was....not good.

I was worried there'd be a drop in quality once D&D had to take over fully without book material to draw on.  As stupid as "lol stab wounds" Arya was, the thing that most pissed me off was that scene with Tyrion, Grey Worm and Missandei.  Holy hell, that thing just wouldn't end.  How many scenes of "le drunk, witty dwarf" does that make this season?  Meereen has always been a void of suck, but that damn joke scene has to take the cake for the most banal couple of minutes this show has had.

I'm also pissed that Tommen, that little shit, canceled Cleganebowl.

I'm not even going to talk about Jaime.  My heart can't take it.

RIP Blackfish.

Jump to Post

06.14.2016 1:23am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Show!Jaime: But Brienne ... I wanna fuck her too.

Also, instead of being a changed man and realizing my sister is actually a fuck-up ... yeah, nothing personal, but come on, it's Brienne.*

*Come on, you just KNOW that's how D&D would do it.

Jump to Post

06.16.2016 12:38am
Thread Creator

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Chrys Watches GoT has singlehandedly saved this week's episode, possibly this thread, and definitely my life

Jump to Post

06.16.2016 2:02pm
 (Edited on 06.16.2016 at 3:21pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Continued Riverrun Bitching:
Show!Edmure:  "BRING ME THE BLACKFISH... IN CHAINS!"
Book!Edmure: "Lol bitch he snuck out on a boat or some shit, [nelsonlaugh.gif]"

Jump to Post

06.17.2016 6:25am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

At this point I'm just waiting for the battle for Winterfell and appearance of Lady Stoneheart.

Jump to Post

06.20.2016 4:40am

Testament
Shamshot

Release the hounds!

That is all.

Jump to Post

06.20.2016 4:41am

Magicjewel
Dr. Fantabulous
Administrator

Overall, I am quite pleased with this episode.  It was super tense for me, even though I knew some things HAD to be coming.

I have been so ready for Ramsey to get what he deserved, but  I wasn't expecting the dogs.  I actually was expecting a more direct action by Sansa, say a knife.  Didn't think she had it in her to watch him even start getting torn apart.   Damn.  

After the references to Jon dying earlier in the episode, I started getting super nervous that he was going to and that was just some foreshadowing.  I knew Littlefinger's forces were going to come and save the day for Sansa, but I was honestly starting to get skeptical about Jon.  

Loved how Dany dealt with the invasion force and subtle hitting on by Yara, but I do wish her sudden appearance in last week's episode was explained just a little better.

Also, regarding next week:

I'm so freaking glad that it looks like there will be some resolution or at least addressing of the burning of Shireen Baratheon.  That is LONG overdue.

"Well, your brain seems to work a little bit." -- Rune Walsh, Phantasy Star IV.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter