Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Guillermo del Toro directs a movie about giant robots.

< Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 Next >

07.22.2013 8:29pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

Darth Howie said:

I actually felt the exact opposite.
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
They actually USED the damn escape pods! Holy crap! Logic!

I can't remember why, precisely, but I seem to remember a reason why the Marshall and the Aussie didn't eject. Cherno Alpha didn't have escape pods, though and the Chinese Jaeger's head was crushed basically without warning, which killed the triplets instantly.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

07.22.2013 8:48pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

judge_raz said:

I can't remember why, precisely, but I seem to remember a reason why the Marshall and the Aussie didn't eject. Cherno Alpha didn't have escape pods, though and the Chinese Jaeger's head was crushed basically without warning, which killed the triplets instantly.

I thought of that too but I realized it would have been pointless since the Nuclear blast probably would have disentegrated the escape pods.

Jump to Post

07.23.2013 3:45pm

Murasame
HALE YEAH

Shonkier accent work than Django, but an absolutely fantastic movie. The difference with that is this was with real, trained actors, and Tarantino is a director. Ugh. But still, fantastic. So thick with tropes it was delicious. I could feel every beat of the movie. And the theme? Unf.

Jump to Post

07.24.2013 12:06am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

https://stormingtheivorytower.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-visual-intelligence-of-pacific-rim.html

This is a really great article that made me want to watch the movie again.

Jump to Post

07.24.2013 12:29am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

You know, that was a great article, and now I want this damn movie to hurry up and hit Blu-Ray so I can watch it and pick it apart.

Jump to Post

07.24.2013 2:46am

Amer
pew pew pew

It was interesting, but I wish it went more in detail.

Jump to Post

07.29.2013 3:55pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Little late to the party, but finally got to see it in IMAX 3D last week. Holy crap, that's the loudest movie I've seen in a long time; I had cotton ears when I left the theatre. Really loved it though, loved the scope and size and scale of the whole spectacle.

Jump to Post

07.29.2013 7:50pm
 (Edited on 07.30.2013 at 6:28pm)

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Almost went and saw it on Friday, but my girlfriend wasn't feeling up to it.  I believe we have it planned for Wednesday.

So who posted this link on Facebook?  Indiana? 

http://stormingtheivorytower.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/the-visual-intelligence-of-pacific-rim.html?m=1

That was pretty awesome and although I kind of spoiled it for myself a bit,  I'm pretty excited for this movie now.

Jump to Post

08.01.2013 3:40pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

https://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/08/01/pacific-rims-international-box-office-returns-increases-chances-of-seeing-a-sequel?utm_source=feedburner&;utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+geeksofdoom+%28GEEKS+OF+DOOM%29

Jump to Post

08.01.2013 3:46pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

kirbenvost said:

Almost went and saw it on Friday, but my girlfriend wasn't feeling up to it.  I believe we have it planned for Wednesday.

So who posted this link on Facebook?  Indiana? 

http://stormingtheivorytower.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/the-visual-intelligence-of-pacific-rim.html?m=1

That was pretty awesome and although I kind of spoiled it for myself a bit,  I'm pretty excited for this movie now.

Lol yeah. It was originally posted here by Zubis.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

08.01.2013 6:38pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Oh, guess I missed it the first time around because I was avoiding spoilers. Now I kinda wished I had continued to avoid them, I saw it last night and pretty much saw most of it coming, except for that mid-credits scene. :D

Anyway. Freakin' awesome. If some friends wanted to see it again, I wouldn't say no.  Of course there are some plotholes/cheesy moments/necessary supension of disbelief, but overall, I loved it.

It would be sweet if it ever got a sequel. I was also thinking it would be really great to get the spinoff treatment, a la Animatrix. Maybe detail the war against the Kaiju up to this point, show us some of those other Jager teams and whatnot. Of course we know how it would have to end, but damn would it be epic.

Jump to Post

08.01.2013 8:55pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Damn I keep putting off seeing it, but none of my friends want to see it. I will try to see this by Friday.... hopefully in 3D

Jump to Post

08.02.2013 8:07pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Slight point of confusion:

I was reading the Pacific Rim Wikia, and it states Mako was 13 when her family was killed and she was saved by Stacker Pentecost.  WTF?  That must be an error in the wikia. She looked like she was 10 AT MOST.  It would've lessened the emotional impact of that scene by a lot if she was a young teen instead of a small child.

Jump to Post

08.02.2013 8:29pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I'd say an error on the wiki's part, or an error in multimedia canon--I haven't read the prequel comic, but it might have something in there.

Jump to Post

08.02.2013 8:36pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Yeah, maybe there was confusion in the making of the prequel comic and that's their source. Or maybe they're just bad at math or dates or something.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter