Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

The Force Awakens

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next >

12.17.2015 5:06pm

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Reviews are kinda echoing what I suspected about the movie. Seeing it tonight. Here we go.

Jump to Post

12.17.2015 6:52pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

I rewatched the original trilogy (didn't have time to also rewatch the prequel trilogy like my bf did) in preparation for this.

I am so freaking excited about this. I've been skimming reviews to get the scores but actively avoiding anything written in them. Even the spoiler-free ones. :P

I've seen the teasers and trailers (well not the Chinese one that apparently gives away too much) but that's about it. I'm going into this blind. Which is something I rarely do.

Jump to Post

12.17.2015 7:52pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I rewatched the original trilogy too a couple weeks ago.  Had no interest rewatching the prequels.

Honestly I might not have been paying attention last time I watched these re-released versions.  CGI Jabba slithering around in episode IV was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Just lent the DVDs of the originals out to a staff member - her wife has never seen them.

Jump to Post

12.17.2015 7:59pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Colinp42 said:
Honestly I might not have been paying attention last time I watched these re-released versions.  CGI Jabba slithering around in episode IV was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Least Mangled Re-Release:  Empire.
Most Mangled Re-Release:  Tough call, because A New Hope's CG stuff is pretty off-putting now, but I'm'a have to give it to Jedi for the shit-tastic musical number and the addition of "No... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

(Awkward Shuffling Hayden Christiansen is awful too, but at that point, the shit ship has already sailed.)

Jump to Post

12.17.2015 8:12pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Well to me the biggest sin was removing the Ewok song at the end.  I understand from a narrative perspective why they did it, but I loved that song!  A band in my college did a rock cover of it!

Jump to Post

12.18.2015 3:40am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Not sure I could've asked for a better start to an all new trilogy.  I already want to see it again.

Jump to Post

12.18.2015 1:13pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Bye thread!  See you in a week!

Jump to Post

12.18.2015 1:28pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

*acquires ten foot pole*
*uses it to measure distance between self and thread*
*makes sure ten foot pole is not touching thread*
SEE YOU GUYS IN A COUPLE DAYS I GUESS

Jump to Post

12.18.2015 2:38pm

Call
Firefightin' Administrator
Administrator

Just bought tickets for me, my six year-old daughter (who is beyond excited), and my wife, who sadly, just "never got why" Star Wars was such a big deal, "but it's okay and everything, I guess."  We're not going until Wednesday, though.

I hope this turns her.  My daughter, on the other hand, can't contain herself.  I've said before, I was six when my dad took me to see Jedi.  I still remember the day, and I hope this is like that for my kid.

Later, losers.  (And I say that because if you're in here, you've probably seen it before me, so you suck.)

Jump to Post

12.18.2015 9:52pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Can we officially say unmarked spoilers in this thread is a bannable offense?

Jump to Post

12.19.2015 1:27am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I will spill no details, but it's fucking awesome. That is all.

Jump to Post

12.19.2015 5:38am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

I am so happy that
A: the movie was amazing
B: the internet is no longer poisonous to me

Jump to Post

12.19.2015 11:35am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Loved the new characters but they had to fight the OT cast for screentime and always lost. They were bystanders in their own movie.

Setpieces and beats were almost unilaterally copypasta, which grew less and less inspired as the plot went on.

And the worldbuilding was shit and that needed to be on-point to sell that the story should continue after Return of the Jedi.

Gonna be that guy. Wasn't feeling it with this one. At all.

Jump to Post

12.19.2015 4:35pm
 (Edited on 12.19.2015 at 4:47pm)

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Already saw this three times. So I guess you can say I really loved this movie.

Also after seeing this I just realized how much a lught and stunt sho the lightsaber battles were in the prequels. While Episode VII made a lightsaber battles into a fight and duel again.

Jump to Post

12.20.2015 2:13am

Testament
Shamshot

Great stuff. Easily my favorite SW movie.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter