Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Man of Steel

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Next >

06.16.2013 11:53pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Well obviously Lois knew, she found him in the first place pretty quick into the movie!  But she blabbed his identity in front of too many others in the film for him to believably remain incognito as Clark.  I just think for the tone of the film that didn't sit right at all.  But it's a relatively minor niggle

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 1:30am

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

Yeeeeah...I mean. That's probably my biggest complaint about the movie. This Superman is not even remotely cautious enough with his identity.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 1:36am

Ramses
Registered Member

Anyone else find it distrubing the Ma Kent was hotter than Lois Lane?

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 1:40am

Zubis
Registered Member

There is only a 9 year gap between them, Diane Lane's in her late 40s I think.

I thought the makeup to age her was pretty poor.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 5:33am
 (Edited on 06.17.2013 at 5:47am)

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Ramses said:

Anyone else find it distrubing the Ma Kent was hotter than Lois Lane?

Not when Mother Kent is Diane Lane

The Hulk said:

Well obviously Lois knew, she found him in the first place pretty quick into the movie!  But she blabbed his identity in front of too many others in the film for him to believably remain incognito as Clark.  I just think for the tone of the film that didn't sit right at all.  But it's a relatively minor niggle

But she didn't anybody about Clark's identity. And the ones she talked to about already knew about Clark's powers but it looks like they kept it a secret. It does look like the only peopl that knows about Clark Kent being Superman are his parents, Pete and his mother, and Lois Lane

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 7:36am

The Hulk
Good Boy

She was running around calling him Clark in front of people with gay abandon a lot.  She also took the police to his family home (which had just been practically split down the middle by Zod, which would be raising questions even if Superman wasn't stood there answering to the name "Clark").  It would not be at all difficult for people to figure out what's what on that front

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 9:20am
 (Edited on 06.17.2013 at 9:27am)

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

The Hulk said:

She was running around calling him Clark in front of people with gay abandon a lot.  She also took the police to his family home (which had just been practically split down the middle by Zod, which would be raising questions even if Superman wasn't stood there answering to the name "Clark").  It would not be at all difficult for people to figure out what's what on that front

Calling him Clark ... I hopnestly can't remember but if she did maybe the chaos surrounding everything maybe people didn't notice. Also a lot of things were destroyed in Smallville during the action set piece that took place in that town. Maybe people thought it was one of many property damages.

Or maybe the US Government respects Superman enough not to meddle with his identity. I mean you have a guy that can pretty much demolish a city who is in your side. Why ruin that relationship.

I do think the things you mentioned might be tackled in a sequel. Maybe it will involve Lex Luthor running for office and opening an investigation in who The Man of Steel really is. Maybe they will use footage from the first film to find the clues.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 9:51am

The Hulk
Good Boy

I wouldn't be averse to that idea.  We know he has a presence already cause of all the LexCorp logos around, I was thinking a sensible route to take would be him having a big hand in the restoration of the city, it would make for a decent (if not highly original) setup of him being a hero in the people's eyes, cleaning up Superman's mess and trying to insidiously turn the world against him.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 3:39pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I never understood why Superman needed a secret identity. It's not like anyone could do anything to him if they found out who he was.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 5:19pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

He needs it for the same reason other people do, so that those close to him can't be hurt. He also needs it so that he can be close to the people he needs to protect, otherwise he would be like Dr. Manhattan: cold, aloof and uncaring.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 6:19pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Zubis said:

I actually had to Wiki it. Turns out when I-HOP says it's International, it's referring to what it serves, not that it's an Interactional chain - actually asked a few Irish and UK friends on IRC and they never heard of it either.

Up until last year there wasn't a single presence outside the U.S - and even now the only other location it's in is the Middle-East.

I guess you're counting Canada as part of 'Murrica?  We've had it for decades. ;)  But yeah, that's kind of silly that they're called 'International House of Pancakes' but aren't.

Indiana Jerico said:

Seriously, people lining up for IHop here was embarrassing.

That tends to be the case for any new chain... H&M, Forever 21, and Urban Outfitters came to town, ridiculous lines.  Now we got the Targets and everyone's apeshit for Target.  I wait a week and all the hype has died down and I can walk around in a store without bumping into people.

judge_raz said:

After missing the post credits scene with Evil Dead, I always check the movie's wiki page in the lobby while the credits are rolling before leaving the theater.

I pretty much always wait through the entire credits just in case.  That way I also don't have to wade through the crowd to get out.

I'm interested in seeing this movie but since I'm not a huge Supes fan I'll probably just see it on PPV or Netflix eventually.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 6:45pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I always liked Lewis Black's bit about IHOP being his personal health club. And it's true. You can be the fattest fuck you know, but you go to IHOP and see at least one fatter person. Their food's pretty good. Not fantastic, but pretty good. You could do a lot worse. And I like some of their crazy pancake variety, like Red Velvet and Jelly Donut.

Anyway, still need to see this movie, but I do think I'll enjoy it. My expectations are "better than Superman Returns" so I'll be real easy to please.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 6:48pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

IHOP's food-food is decent, with a few standouts that are actually really good.  But the P stands for Pancakes, and if you're not there for Pancakes, you're fucking doing it wrong.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 7:03pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Also, the whole International thing was a theme. They used to have like a gazillion types of syrup and different types of "international" pancakes like blintzes and crepes. The original restaurants also looked kinda like Swiss chalets.

Jump to Post

06.17.2013 7:29pm
 (Edited on 06.17.2013 at 7:34pm)

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

reido said:

IHOP's food-food is decent, with a few standouts that are actually really good.  But the P stands for Pancakes, and if you're not there for Pancakes, you're fucking doing it wrong.

I am actually not a fan of pancakes  since I prefer Waffles myself but most of their meals already come with 2 pancakes so I think of them more as a huge side dish.

I think the food is fine but I think people in my country just over sold it  to the point it couldn't live up to my personal expecations (like what they did for In-N-Out Burger). When it opened here people in facbook started gushing for joy that IHOP has arrived, had 40 min lines, located in one of the most high end/uptown in the entire country.  

I prefer Original Pancakes House when I was in Chicago.  That place was worth it.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter